Morningside Properties provides expert countertop installation services for kitchens and bathrooms. No matter if you are getting your home remodeled or you need a brand new installation for your new house, we’ve got you covered!
Here at Morningside Properties, we are committed to customer satisfaction. If you have questions or concerns about your kitchen or bathroom countertop installation, we are here to discuss these with you as well. To get an estimate on cost for your countertop installation, simply contact us online or give us a call at 612-772-6848.
Experienced Countertop Installers
We are professional countertop installers with years of experience in handyman services. We specialize in installing countertops for kitchens, bathrooms, dining areas, and virtually anywhere a countertop or island is needed. If you have always dreamed of having an island in your kitchen, talk with our countertop installers about materials, size, and pricing.
When you contact us, we will stop by your home and show you sample of countertop materials, colors, edge styles, and will get you a quote for your project. Our handyman will then help you select the option that works best for your lifestyle and budget. During the installation process, our countertop installers will also disconnect and reconnect any plumbing as needed.
Countertop Installation Cost
A common question we often get is, “how much will my countertop installation cost me?” The short answer is that it depends on the material you choose. For example, high-quality surfaces like quartz will be more expensive when compared with more affordable options like laminate. Consider certain factors such as:
- Removing existing countertop (replacement),
- Cabinet preparation,
- Sanding and/or shaping,
- Polishing and sealing.
These will also contribute to the cost of your project.
In addition, you will want to choose durable materials that will withstand scratches, scuffs, and nicks, particularly in the kitchen. In bathrooms especially, your countertop will need to sustain moisture levels and frequent heat. Talk with your countertop installation expert to choose the option that will best suit your lifestyle and budget.
Kitchen Countertop Installation
Get a quote for your dream kitchen countertop installation today! With years of experience in the industry, our kitchen countertop installers have the expertise needed to install the island or countertop you’re looking for. Choose from a wide variety of materials depending on your budget and style. Here are our top picks. Read the pros and cons and each to see what option will work best for you:
1) Granite Countertops
- Pros – This countertop type is strong, durable, and very versatile with many color and types available. It is also resistant to heat, nearly maintenance free, and adds real estate value to your home.
- Cons – Granite is highly expensive, so if you’re on a tight budget, this may not be the right choice for you. Additionally, slabs may have imperfections and can crack if its improperly installed. Be sure to call an expert handyman.
2) Soapstone Countertops
- Pros – Featuring a deep and rich color, soapstone is an aesthetically pleasing option with a historical style. Relatively resistant to heat and stains, soapstone is the countertop option for you if you want an antique look in your kitchen.
- Cons – Unfortunately, soapstone may darken over time. In addition, it needs to be treated with mineral oil. Another drawback is that its surface is prone to scratching and denting. On the flipside, however, this may add to its overall antique appearance.
3) Marble Countertops
- Pros – A popular option, marble countertops are waterproof and heatproof. Each stone is uniquely veined and adds beauty and real estate value to the home.
- Cons – Marble is an expensive kitchen countertop option. It is also known for staining and scratching easily. The stone should be stained to avoid staining. Scratches, however, are difficult to repair.
4) Quartz Countertops
- Pros – Quartz countertops are easy to maintain and do not require sealing. Its slabs are uniform and do not have imperfections when compared with other countertop types. It is also stain, heat, and acid resistant.
- Cons – If you plan to go with a quartz countertop, you will need a big budget, as they are quite expensive. In addition, these countertops are very heavy.
5) Solid-Surface Countertops
- Pros – This man-made material provides a luxurious look and is yet a more affordable option when compared with other types like granite and quartz. In addition, this countertop type resists staining and is highly versatile with many colors and patterns to choose from. Integrated sink and countertop units are also available with solid-surface countertops.
- Cons – While not as expensive as granite or quartz, solid-surface is still pricy. It is also vulnerable to damage from hot cooking ware.
6) Ceramic Tile Countertops
- Pros – Durable and easy to clean, ceramic tile is much less expensive than quartz or solid-surface countertops. In addition, it is also easy to clean and immune to heat damage from hot cooking ware. Finally, there are many colors and styles available for homeowners.
- Cons – Tile is brittle and has the potential to crack under impact. In addition, custom tiles can be quite expensive. If you plan on choosing ceramic tile countertops for your home, please note that they have grout lines that can easily stain, making them difficult to clean. Finally, ceramic tile doesn’t have the same prestige as a countertop style like granite or quartz.
7) Laminate Countertops
- Pros – Laminate countertops are easy to maintain. In addition, there are many options available to match your kitchen. These countertops are quite affordable when compared with many other options.
- Cons – With laminate countertops, seams are usually quite visible. In addition, a laminate countertop’s surface can easily be scratched or chipped. Home buyers may find these countertops overall plain, and therefore, not a good selling point.
8) Wood Countertops
- Pros – Wood countertops provide a beautiful country look and are easy to clean. Many homeowners choose maple and oak to brighten up their kitchens. When properly cared for, a wood kitchen countertop can last a long time.
- Cons – Wood countertops can be relatively expensive. Over time, this countertop top option can become damaged by water, stains, and scratches or cuts from cutlery. In addition, wood is prone to cracking if not properly maintained. If you enjoy the charm of wood countertops, be sure to commit yourself to taking care of them and they will last you a long time.
9) Stainless Steel Countertops
- Pros – If you envision a contemporary or industrial style in your kitchen, consider opting for stainless steel countertops. Extremely easy to clean and impervious to heat damage, it also has great real estate value. If you enjoy a clean and modern look in your kitchen and dining area, this is what you are looking for!
- Cons – Stainless steel countertops are exceptionally expensive to fabricate. In addition, they can be noisy. Finally, bear in mind that these countertops are not intended to be a cutting surface as they scratch easily.
10) Concrete Countertops
- Pros – If you are interested in investing in an unusual kitchen style, you may want to opt for the unique concrete slab countertop. The concrete can be color-tinted according to the colors and style of your kitchen. It is naturally heat and scratch resistance and is capable of being cast in a wide variety of decorative textures and colors. If you are looking for a unique and sophisticated look, this is it!
- Cons – This is an expensive countertop option. Also, keep in mind that cracking may occur over time, although our experts can treat the countertop surface to reduce cracking. If in the future when you decide to sell your home, please note that some home buyers may find the style of the concrete countertop to be too “industrial.”
Our Work – Kitchen Island Installation
We are kitchen island installation and countertop experts! Please see our work from past projects below:
Bathroom Countertop Installation
If you are getting your bathroom remodeled, you’ll want to look into bathroom countertop installations from a skilled handyman. We are professional bathroom countertop installers with expertise in installing the following popular bathroom countertop materials:
- Natural Stone
- Ceramic/Porcelain Tile
- Crushed Glass
If you have always had a dream bathroom in mind, we can make that dream come true! Our handyman can discuss with your colors, style, budget, and material option pros and cons. If you have any questions or concerns, please talk with us at 612-772-6848.
Our Work – Bathroom Countertop Installation
We are bathroom countertop professionals with years of experience matching our customers to the countertop they are looking for. Please see our work from past projects below to see the quality of work we do:
If you have a current countertop you’d like replaced, our installers will be happy to assist with that as well. Now is the time to switch to a different style to get the design you have always dreamed of! During the project, we’ll remove your current countertops and install the new ones. No matter if you have chosen granite, wood, or laminate, our experts are here to ensure you get the style you want that matches your budget, needs, and personality. Whether it’s your kitchen or bathroom cabinet, please contact us at 612-772-6848 to get a quote for your countertop replacement today.
About Morningside Properties
As experts in renovations and inspections, we are professionals you can rely on when it comes to kitchen and bathroom countertops. We serve the Edina, MN area and provide an end-to-end client experience that includes seamless communication, budgeting, on-site organization, and quality licensed contractor work every time. It is our mission to work with our clients to produce beautiful countertop installations.
Call us today at 612-772-6848 to bring our project management skills and extensive construction experience to your next project!